In 1671, the Jewish community settled in Berlin for the first time. The first synagogue was built in today’s Rosenstraße. The Scheunenviertel (barnyard quarters) in Mitte became the Jewish neighborhood, outside the city wall, from 1737. Starting in the 1850s, it was the first place where Jews from Eastern Europe, who were fleeing the pogroms, settled. There are many Jewish locations in this area, which are related to day-to-day Jewish life. At the same time, there are also places of resistance to national socialism and places of support for Jews during this cruel period.